One of our Seven Principles is “The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all.” Why is that so hard? This Sunday’s guest speaker, the Rev. Ed Helton, is uniquely qualified to explore that problem.
Rev. Helton’s talk is titled “Can’t We All JustGet Along?” In addition to being an ordained minister, he is the director of the Leadership Institute at Columbus State University. The Institute “provides expertise and training in leadership development, team building, assessments, executive coaching and strategic planning.” Rev. Helton also is a member of CSU’s President’s cabinet and the President’s Student Success Council.
Here’s the Sunday schedule:
- 9:30 a.m. Adult Religious Education. This week: “This I Believe, Part 2” presented by Maureen Humphries.
- 10:00 a.m. UU Singers practice.
- 10:15 a.m. Coffee, light refreshments and conversation before the service.
- 10:45 a.m. Sunday service. Our guest speaker will be the Rev. Ed Helton.
- 10:55 a.m. Children’s Religious Education. This week: “In Another’s Shoes.” (Kids join us for the first few minutes of the service, which includes a children’s story. Then they adjourn to a classroom for their own activities.)