Folksinger Ken Sizemore, a Unitarian Universalist from Panama City, Fla., will perform the music of another longtime UU, Pete Seeger.
For decades, Seeger was an activist for the core values UU’s share: human rights, civil rights, environmentalism and more. Is there any one of our Seven Principles he has not celebrated in song? (Watch Seeger and friends perform at the 2005 UU General Assembly.)
Ken Sizemore, a frequent guest at our Fellowship, has followed a similar path. No matter what your faith or philosophy, if you’re a fan of folk music of the 1940s, 1950s and 1960s, this service will be a delight. Visitors are always welcome.
Here’s the entire Sunday schedule:
- 9:30 a.m. Adult Religious Education. Maureen Humphries leads this week’s session.
- 10:00 a.m. UU Singers practice.
- 10:15 a.m. Coffee, light refreshments and conversation before the service.
- 10:45 a.m. Sunday service. Our guest speaker will be singer Ken Sizemore.
- 10:55 a.m. Children’s Religious Education. Kids join us for the first few minutes of the service, which includes a children’s story. Then they adjourn to a classroom for their own activities.