This Sunday, if you are so inclined, wear something international. Connie Ussery and Dr. Joyce Hickson will take us on a journey around with world.
Connie and Joyce are members of our Fellowship. Connie is retired from careers as a librarian and a teacher of English and humanities in Columbus schools. She also sings with several groups (including the UU Singers). Joyce, also retired, holds a doctorate in counseling and has taught counseling at Mississippi State University, in South Africa, and at Columbus State University. Both are world travelers.
Our Sunday services begin at 10:45 a.m., but do join us for coffee, refreshments and conversation at 10:15 a.m.
Services typically are centered on a talk—either by a member of our Fellowship or by a guest speaker. Services also include music, meditation and opportunities (always optional) to add your own thoughts. Unitarian Universalists (UUs) don’t share a creed. Rather, we support each other in our own free and responsible searches for truth and meaning. For us, dogma is less important than treating our fellow human beings with respect. And visitors are always welcome.
Here’s the rest of the Sunday schedule.
- 9:15 a.m. to noon. Free childcare available.
- 9:15 a.m. Adult Religious Education. This Sunday’s topic: the value of resolutions.
- 9:15 a.m. Children’s religious education. Kids also learn about the world’s great religions and about respecting each other and the planet. This Sunday: love of learning.
- 10:15 a.m. Coffee and conversation before the service.
- 10:45 a.m. The Sunday service.
Important note: Today at 4 p.m. we’ll have another performance in our continuing UU Free Concert Series. Pianist Hongling Liang and cellist Ina Petkova will perform.