John John Mallory Land has a background in theater, and his talk about manners promises to be imaginative, entertaining and enlightening.
John has been a member of our Fellowship since shortly after he moved to Columbus, in 2010, from Dallas, Texas. But his family roots run deep Columbus. He also serves on our Board of Trustees. John earned a degree in directing and set design at Baylor University, and he worked for several theater companies in Texas. He founded Stage South Theatre Company in Columbus and currently works at the River Center here.
Our services typically included music, meditation and affirmations of the Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism. Creed is less important to us than treating each other and our planet with respect. Our members and friends come from many faith traditions and from some non-faith ethical traditions, such as atheism and agnosticism. We are committed to supporting each other in our own unique and responsible searches for truth and meaning. To that end, and to enjoy each other’s company, we have activities throughout the week. Visitors are always welcome at any of our events. Check our calendar.
Here’s a rundown of this Sunday’s activities.
- 9:30 a.m. until noon. Free child care is always available on Sunday morning.
- 9:30 a.m. Adult Religious Education. This week: “Love in Action, Part 1.” (Maureen Humphries.)
- 10:00 a.m. UU Singers practice. All voices are welcome. (We also practice Wednesdays at 6 p.m.)
- 10:15 a.m. Coffee and conversation before the service.
- 10:45 a.m. The Sunday service, this week with John Land.
- 10:55 a.m. Children’s Religious Education. Kids join us for the first few minutes of each Sunday service, which includes a children’s story, then that adjourn to a classroom for their own activities.