Maureen Humphries, a former nun who has had a distinguished career in the helping professions, will talk about Advent from a Unitarian Universalist perspective.
Maureen has participated in Rosalynn Carter Institute programs since the 1980s, and she helped develop and evaluate the institute’s Caring for You, Caring for Me program. She has led several Caring for You, Caring For Me sessions in Columbus. She also has worked in public mental health, substance abuse treatment, geriatrics and patient advocacy. Maureen is a member of our Social Action Committee, and she serves on the UUFC Board of Directors.
Here’s the complete rundown of our Sunday activities:
- 9:30 a.m. Adult Religious Education. This week, a former member of the Westboro Baptist Church will talk about “Why I Left.”
- 9:45 a.m. UU Singers practice.
- 10:15 a.m. Coffee, light refreshments and conversation before the service.
- 10:45 a.m. Sunday service. Our speaker is Maureen Humphries.
- 10:55 a.m. Children’s Religious Education. Kids join us for the first few minutes of the service, which includes a children’s story. Then they adjourn to a classroom for their own activities.
- Child care is available every Sunday from 9:30 a.m. until noon.