Dr. Phil Chan—a student and teacher of Reiki massage, Tai Chi and blues harmonica—on “The Science of Happiness.”
Dr. Chan further describes his talk as “the best way I know to improve the quality of your life in 10 weeks.” His presentation will be based on an online course offered by the University of California at Berkeley. Phil, who grew up on Long Island, N.Y., is a retired military dermatologist and a longtime student of ways to live a better life.
Visitors are always welcome at Sunday services, which include a talk, like Phil’s, some music, affirmations of the Seven Principles of UU and opportunities to ask questions and comment. We don’t have a specific creed. Rather, we support each other in our own unique searches for truth and meaning.
Here’s a rundown of this Sunday’s activities.
- 9:30 a.m. until noon. Free child care is always available on Sunday morning.
- 9:15 a.m. Adult Religious Education.
- 10:00 a.m. UU Singers practice. All voices are welcome. (We also practice Wednesdays at 6 p.m.)
- 10:15 a.m. Coffee and conversation before the service.
- 10:45 a.m. The Sunday service, with a talk by Dr. Phil Chan.
- 10:55 a.m. Children’s Religious Education. Kids join us for the first few minutes of each Sunday service, which includes a children’s story, then that adjourn to a classroom for their own activities.