Be prepared for a new take on two subjects that can ignite spirited debate. The fourth principle of the Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism is “a free and responsible search for truth and meaning.”: That’s what will happen this Sunday.
Ron Ussery is a long-time Fellowship members and a frequent speaker. Recent talk titles include “If I Were a Rich Man,” “Doubting Thomas,” and, with his wife, Connie, “Surviving COVID 19.” Ron’s career has included teaching, journalism, public relations, personnel management, retirement planning and banking. He’s also our Fellowship’s treasurer and a member of the Fellowship’s No Wrong Turns Bicycle Club. Though officially “retired,” Ron and his wife, Connie, continue to live busy lives that include teaching, traveling and volunteering for our Fellowship.
We meet in person Sundays at 11 a.m., with pandemic safety measures in place. (See below.) Services are centered on a tal by a Fellowship member or a guest speaker, some music, readings and a little meditation. We are guided by the Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism.
Our spacious Grace Fellowship Hall is at 8827 Heiferhorn Way in north Columbus, on the banks for the Heiferhorn Creek. We welcome people of all faith traditions and ethical systems, as long as they recognize and respect the dignity of all people.
Our focus is on human rights, care for the planet and support of each other in our unique, responsible searches for truth and meaning.
Our informal motto: deeds before creeds.
UUFC Pandemic Safety Measures
- Masks are now optional for indoor events, HOWEVER…
- During Sunday services, we reserve a space for those who wish to wear masks.
- We urge everyone to respect social distancing.
- We urge everyone to be fully vaccinated and boosted—not just to protect themselves but to protect others.
- If you are not vaccinated, please where a mask.
- Speakers and service leaders don’t wear masks at the podium, which is socially distant from the congregation.
- We do have music, but we’re not singing together during the pandemic.
- Guests are welcome, but please follow our pandemic guidelines.