Scott Henderson is a social worker and counselor who has treated post-traumatic stress syndrome chronic pain for the VA and at Martin Army Hospital at Fort Benning.
Scott has focused his career on studying and understanding the struggle service members go through as they become civilians. His presentation is particularly relevant as we prepare to observe Veterans Day on Monday. He’ll be available after the service to answer questions or discuss concerns.
Here’s our complete Sunday morning schedule:
- 9:15 a.m. to noon. Free childcare available.
- 9:15 a.m. Adult Religious Education. This week: “Our Lives as Nuns,” by two members of our Fellowship. Joanie Andras is a Buddhist nun and Maureen Humphries is a former Catholic nun.
- 9:15 a.m. Children’s religious education. Kids also learn about the world’s great religions and about respecting each other and the planet. This week: “Awesome Love.”
- 10:15 a.m. Coffee and conversation before the service.
- 10:45 a.m. The Sunday service. The centerpiece is a talk, sometimes by a guest speaker and often by a member of our Fellowship, like Scott. Services also include music, meditations and opportunities—always optional—to share your own thoughts or ask questions.