Our Sunday services begin at 11 a.m. but do join us for coffee, refreshments and conversation any time after about 10:15 a.m. Visitors are always welcome. You also can join us for Religious Education (“RE” in Unitarian Universalist parlance) at 9:15 a.m. We study gather wisdom most of the world’s great religions.
But wait, there’s more! On the first Sundays of the month, like this one, we have a hot-dish lunch after the service. If you’re a visitor, just bring an appetite. We’ll have plenty of food. It’s a good way to get to know us.
Our services typically are centered on a talk—either by a member of our Fellowship, like Rick, or by a guest speaker. Services also include music, meditation and opportunities (always optional) to add your own thoughts. Most modern Unitarian Universalists (UUs) don’t share a creed. Rather, we support each other in our own free and responsible searches for truth and meaning. For us, dogma is less important than treating our fellow human beings with respect.
Here’s the rest of this Sunday’s schedule.
- 9:15 a.m. to noon. Free childcare available.
- 9:15 a.m. Adult Religious Education.
- 9:15 a.m. Children’s religious education. Kids also learn about the world’s great religions and about respecting each other and the planet.
- 10:15 a.m. Coffee and conversation before the service.
- 11:00 a.m. The Sunday service.
- Noon. Our monthly hot-dish lunch.